Resolved: Unable to transfer or copy files to SD Card issue on MI phone using ES File explorer

Issue Moving Files to SD Card issue on MI phone using ES File explorer

On Mi Phones, you may encounter issues when attempting to transfer files from the phone storage to SD CARD using ES File Explorer. I did not do an extensive research on this but I confirm that this issues did not occur on MiUi version less than 7.5. If this problem exists, then we can't create new files and folders using the ES File Explorer options on the SD Card.  While attempting to create, copy-paste or move files, we normally get a prompt to allow permission to ES File Explorer to access SDCARD Root.

The prompt says:
Please choose the root directory sdcard1 of Ext-SD Card to grant ES Permission to operate
Anyways, whatever the version, if you are facing issues transferring or copying files to SD CARD specifically when using ES File Explorer, then resolve it by following the steps explained in the video below.

Check out this video how to resolve: Unable to transfer or copy files to SD Card issue on MI phone using ES File explorer



As explained in the video, the step to resolve the issue of file transfer on MI Phones using ES File Explorer is by enabling "documents" under "installed apps" in Settings, and enabling access to the root directory of the SD Card in ES File Explorer. After which, you should be able to transfer or move files to the SD Card.


  • First, open settings, then navigate to "Installed Apps"
  • In "Installed Apps", find "Documents" and tap "Enable"
  • After enabling "documents", go back to ES File Explorer
  • When the prompt appears again, tap menu and select the root of the SD Card


NOTE:
  • This solution is particular to Mi Phone and ES File Explorer. I am not sure if ES File Explorer throws this error on other phones. MiUi version as on the date of making this video is 7.5 (Stable).
  • You might need to do the same process if your have inserted another SD Card or while attempting to transfer files to pen drives plugged in to the phone via OTG.

Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your supportive comment. I am glad you like the video.
      Good Day.:)

      Delete
  2. I use es all the time....but the day I got my mi I wasso irritated by this....ty so much for solving this issue....keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      I am glad this post was of some help to you.
      Good Day!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment.
      I am glad the post was of help to you.
      Regards,
      www.techubber.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. THANK YOU, FINALLY I SOLVED THE PROBLEM NICE VIDEO GUIDANCE THO😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks for your comment. I am glad you were able to solve it following the video 😎
      Regards,
      www.techubber.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. Thank you.....
    But how to reverse process ( means: how to document permission enable )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi,Sorry but I have not checked this issue on other phones except XIAOMI REDMI phones. So can't comment on it. But if you find a resolution, do share the knowledge here too.

      Delete
  7. I use file manager - cheetah company and can't resolve problem on that way. There is no possibility to select sd card like in es file explorer, can you help me with advice, plzz?

    ReplyDelete
  8. mi max just said cant, no show sd card option

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Brothe, for the tip. It worked for me. Appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I am glad you were able to solve it 😎
      Regards,
      www.techubber.blogspot.com

      Delete
  10. awesome video
    true solution...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you buddy... U have made my life easier... This video was soo soooo usefull.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still Not able to copy and paste after doing this thing. Please help me to solve my problem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't copy anything to sd even enable and all its showing eror no folder is also creating in sd what can i do now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment